POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF COOKIE MODULES ON THE SITE
Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter “GDPR”) was adopted by the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union on 27 April 2016 and its provisions are directly applicable as of 25 May 2018. The GDPR applies directly to all Member States of the European Union, protecting the rights of all natural persons within the European Union. From a substantive point of view, the GDPR is applicable to all controllers who process personal data.
The GDPR does not apply to the processing of personal data relating to legal persons, and in particular to undertakings having legal personality, including the name and type of the legal person, as well as its contact details. Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more specific elements.
This policy covers cookies that are used and run on the https://proidealjobs.ro/ website.
3. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- Cookies are pieces of text placed on the device you use to access the https://proidealjobs.ro/ website. A cookie is a small file consisting of alphanumeric characters that will be stored on a user’s computer, mobile device or other equipment from which a website using this element is accessed.
- This automatic data storage technology is widespread, and is used to collect information such as browser type and operating system, source page, domain name from which the visitor linked to the site, etc., in order to understand how visitors use this web page.
- A cookie does not contain and is not made up of pieces of code, therefore it cannot be run or executed in any way. The cookie cannot produce any change in the device on which it is stored, which is why it cannot pose any threat to the security of the information stored on your device.
4. WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- Most web browsers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are normally set to accept cookies.
- The cookies used by https://proidealjobs.ro/ neither request personal information nor can they lead to the personal identification of internet users who access the website. The data collected through cookies are purely functional, statistical and objective. Often, disabling cookies that are essential to the functioning of the website can lead to incorrect functioning, a failure to display certain sections or even to the website’s overall failure to function.
- These files make it possible to recognise the user’s terminal and to present the content on the site in a relevant manner, adapted to the user’s preferences. Cookies provide users with a pleasant browsing experience and support our efforts to provide convenient services to website users (e.g., online privacy preferences, relevant advertisements, useful recommendations, etc.).
- Cookies are also used to create anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user accesses our website, how they use it, and for what purposes. This allows us to improve the structure and content presented on our website, excluding personal identification of the user.
- You have several possibilities to manage cookies on your computer or device. You can change your browser settings to not accept cookies or, depending on the browser that you are using, you may be notified if a website tries to place a cookie on your browser.
5. CLASSIFICATION OF COOKIES
- Cookies have diverse functions and there are different variations of them, each following a well-defined purpose or coming from a specific source. Thus, cookies can be classified into:
- First-Party Cookies: These cookies are the cookies of the site accessed by a visitor. They mainly have a purely statistical purpose, i.e., they calculate the views/accesses of the site (or of a certain section thereof), the number of active sessions, etc.
- Third-Party Cookies: These cookies do not belong to and are not controlled by the site being accessed. They are set by web domains that are not necessarily accessed directly by the user. Third party cookies are inserted by website owners when they wish to interconnect several facilities offered online. A good example of this is the use of an existing YouTube video in the interface of another website. By pressing the “play” button of the video, YouTube can also place cookies on the device from which the access takes place, without the user entering www.youtube.com by default.
- Session Cookies: these cookies are stored for the duration that the browser remains open and are deleted immediately (or at most a few seconds) after closing the browser. These cookies have a purely administrative and functional purpose as they allow the user to benefit from the accessed website in a useful manner.
- Persistent Cookies: As the name suggests, these cookies are stored for a longer period of time. They have a specific duration for which they will exist on the user’s terminal (from a few minutes to years or decades) and are not automatically deleted when the web browser is closed. The purpose of these cookies is to track users’ interaction with a particular website. An example of this would be to keep the login data of a specific website (Remember Username/Password). However, the user still has full control over these persistent cookies as well, and can delete or block them from their terminal at any time.
- Data Security Cookies: These cookies can only be used by websites using the HTTPS protocol. These cookies contain encrypted data, useful for online payments, online transactions, online/mobile banking services, etc.
6. WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE
- The following cookies are used on https://proidealjobs.ro/, with the following functionality:
- A visit on this site may place the cookies listed in the previous paragraph on the user’s terminal for the following purposes:
- To store user preferences;
- To make the user’s experience on this site a useful one;
- To keep the site operational;
- To be able to offer users all the options available on the website;
- To collect data for purely analytical purposes.
- In general, any application used to access web pages allows cookies to be saved on the terminal by default. These settings can be changed at any time by the user from the “Settings” menu of each application. Therefore, the user can set the web browser to disallow the storage of cookies, allow cookies only from certain sites, delete cookies already stored and many other such actions. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways to manage cookies can be found in the settings area of the application (web browser).
9. OTHER SECURITY ISSUES RELATED TO COOKIES
- As the protection of personal data is a goal that must be met, we advise you to be aware of the potential problems that cookies, or more specifically, their use, may create.
- Since cookies constantly transmit data back and forth (from the user to the website and vice versa), if an attacker or unauthorised person intervenes during the data transmission process, the information contained in cookies can be intercepted, altered or even blocked. Although very rare, this can happen. For example, if the browser connects to the server using an unencrypted network (an unsecured WiFi network), then an attacker can intercept the transmitted data.
10. OUR RECOMMENDATION
- If you wish to use this website to its full extent you have to accept its cookies. Certain features of https://proidealjobs.ro/ will not work if you reject the cookies.
- We reserve the right to make any additions or changes to the content of this document. Please visit this page regularly to inform yourself of these, as well as any new applicable information.
- Please also note that each time we change this section, we will mention in the footer of the page the date on which this Policy was last updated.
LAST UPDATE ON: 07.02.2022